We welcomed Mark to the shop floor at the start of 2018. He is an experienced turner who has already become a valuable member of the team.
In April we thanked Martin for his long service as he celebrated 10 years at R Bullock, predominantly turning on the Mazak and EMCO lathes.
With the help and support of Wood & Disney who are Real Time Accountants and Business Advisers (http://www.wood-disney.co.uk) our accounts are now cloud based…
Here are some reasons for changing over to cloud accounting
- Available 24/7. Easy access anytime, anywhere with just an internet browser.
- Easy to understand and intuitive to use. Written with the Cloud in mind rather than based upon a traditional PC software means the language used is modern and easy to understand compared to the traditional software which used confusing accountancy jargon.
- Once you do decide which cloud based software is best for your business you just pay a small monthly fee. There is no need to buy expensive software and pay upfront. The small monthly fee also includes all upgrades, updates and back up. No annual contract so you can cancel at any time.
- Have totally up to date “live data”. Rather than basing decisions on historical data you will have instant access to “live data” so you will see at the touch of a button a true and up to date picture of exactly how your business is doing.
- Risk reduction – your data is automatically backed up by the software supplier so you never have to worry about losing your data. Upgrades and updates automatically applied for simplicity and efficiency. And finally it will be the only way that you will cope with the demands from HMRC for quarterly accounting information from 2018 onwards.
Celebrating 10 years of Team Cartlidge
Time’s flown by and it’s now 10 years since Paul and Amanda took over the business so the workforce went out for a celebratory lunch (pie and chips being a popular choice!).
It’s been a wonderful journey and a big thank you goes out to all our past and present customers, suppliers and members of staff for enabling the company to reach this milestone.
Hoping you’ll stick with us for the next productive 10 years. Cheers!
Plant and machinery
We’ve invested in a new shiny Haas VF-2SS Super Speed Vertical Machining Centre (762 x 406 x 508 mm) to increase our flexibility and boost productivity.
The team have enjoyed in-house training as well as a two day course at Haas Automation Ltd in Leicester to maximize our efficiency.
Congratulations go to Andy Little for 20 years service. 1994 to 2014. The team have been celebrating and congratulating him on his hard work and commitment. Only another 20 more to go Andy!
New Business Software
We have recently implemented new business software from Sarand.com
Historically our information had been split between a number of different sources and spread across a selection of databases, spreadsheets and wipe boards.
We were looking at managing our information more effectively and providing greater access to all our production staff.
Using Business Manager combines information from many different sources and allows you to interrogate it all simultaneously.
Some data sources (such as spreadsheets) are replaced by the Business Manager while others, such as our accounts package, are used to supply information.
- A single point of reference for all of your critical business information.
- Ensure consistency and reduce duplicate data entry.
- Use your information in innovative ways to improve both operational and marketing activities.